Monday, February 16, 2015

100 Days

Today we are 100 days away from Mr. and Mrs. This time last year I was adjusting to deployed life and writing a thesis, so, no complaints here. We are snowed in here and I am taking advantage of the extra time to complete some wedding stuff. It's invite central here.
I had a lot of help putting these together from some sweet graduate school friends. Every invite is ready for an address now. Yay!
I bought a return address stamp from an Etsy shop, For Yoo, and it made the process much easier.
Speaking of an address, the shouse is still coming along despite cold MO weather. We have tin on the roof and side!
We have septic and water. I know a good water guy if you need one. :)
I'm loving the galvanized tin roof and the dark grey siding.
Next on the outside is red shutters and painting the door to match. We will need less snow before I tackle painting the door.
Joel took me to IKEA on Valentines day. Can you say, true love? I have never been to IKEA on a weekend afternoon. I suggest if you are going and want to look at the showroom, go on a weekday or right when the store opens. I think a direct quote from Joel was, "I am going to hit this woman with my cart." Yeah, pretty sure he said that. He didn't hit her, because we found an out in the lighting section. Whew. Here is where you enter the wonderland in the KC store. \\\
My, Yay it's IKEA face.
And here is Joel's IKEA face.
We got everything including the kitchen sink. Really, we did buy out kitchen sink. Joel did get some sushi and Cabela's time. So, not all was lost.
We have picked out cabinets and doors are next on the list. I'm still deciding what color to paint all of our cabinets. There are lots of fun choices to make when building a house shouse.
Keep an eye out for how I plan on using IKEA purchases in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment