Thursday, February 19, 2015

IKEA in my Home: Part 1

As mentioned, part 1 of how I am using IKEA in the shouse is here. I love the IKEA experience and the prices, however, it's not all rustic decor that I want to incorporate into the new house. Some things just need a little altering.
It's been really cold here, and we've been out of school thanks to the snow. I've enjoyed all the free time to work on extra projects, including this one.
I have been pondering what kind of rugs and textiles to use in the new home because we plan on using vinyl flooring throughout the shouse and we still want some warmth on our feet. In our bedroom, I didn't think a big area rug would work, which is where this project comes into play.
During our last trip to IKEA, the sheepskin rugs were on a sale so I picked up two. They are extremely soft and I wanted something light to add to our room.
Materials needed: IKEA sheepskin rugs x2 Scissors Waxed thread for leather Leather needle Needle nose pliers (optional but useful)
I started by lining the two rugs together. The way they are cut, there are two straight edges making this really easy.
Thread the needle like any other. They are very large and after about ten stitches my fingers were not happy. Enter pliers, you can use them to pull the thread through.
I made a simple stitch all the way down. Simple.
Now we have a fresh looking runner for the end of our bed or in front of the dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment