Saturday, February 22, 2014

Send Off

Monday the 17th we said our official goodbyes surrounded by friends and family. The ceremony was held at the Pierce City high school and the turn out did not disappoint. We had a few days off together so we went on a "Marathon of Dates" to make up for the next year.
We enjoyed spending our Valentine's Day watching our favorite ball player on my hometown's Special Gene's Basketball Team.
We spent some time in Branson and one of the dates included ice skating.
I've never seen a person have to pack some much stuff into one tiny bag. It was stressing me out enough that I just had to sit back and watch. This was probably what he preferred anyway if the truth be told.
Lots of friends and family showed up to the send off. As much as I had dreaded the experience, it really wasn't too terrible. I experienced a mixture of patrioltism, pride, and sadness. Here's a few more ceremony pictures and some family.
I'm pretty overwhelmed from all the support I've had from family, friends, future family and strangers. So here's a giant thank you to you all.
Let the countdown begin.

1 comment:

  1. Well you just made me cry on my birthday. Thanks Morgan. You did an awesome job on this post. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete