Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A $1.71 make over

I got my first handwritten letter from GI Joel in the mail this week. I wanted to make it into something really special so this is what I did.
I scanned the front of the letter and sent it to the Copy and Print Station at Staples. It's pretty simple, you can do everything online and print it as an engineer print. It cost me a whole $1.71. Since my frame was 16x20, I photoshopped it to the appropriate size and then cut out the extra white space. (Engineer prints don't come in the exact size that I wanted.)
I bought the frame at a flea market ($5) and repainted it with some extra chalk paint I had (The large frame is the same color as the side table in the photo above.) I did the same with the smaller frame and placed a piece of scrapbook paper ($1) in it. Simple and affordable!
Now every morning and night I get to see my GI's thoughts and handwriting!

1 comment:

  1. This is THE coolest idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete