Monday, March 3, 2014

Counting Down the Days



I wanted to share how I count down the days of deployment. I stocked up on plastic army men at the dollar store and raided my little brother's stash. I went to our local scrapbook store and found a few things I liked and hot glued them to a vase.  

I get to take out an army man each day. It's a nice reminder that I am one day closer. 
Here's another thing I sent with Joel when he left a few weeks ago. I stocked up on mini envelopes from Hobby Lobby and wrote a letter for every situation I could think of that Joel might have while were apart.
Here's a picture of all of them. I had fun with this. Almost all of the letters have a Bible verse to go along with each situation. This way he has something to read if we don't get to talk immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment