Friday, April 11, 2014

A special birthday

Today my GI turns 25! In honor of his birthday, the ARMY sent him to a different country. What a gift! ;) We celebrate a lot in April, we've been dating for two years and of course his birthday. I combined our anniversary and his birthday into one big package.
I used a divider to make it a little more personal. In the anniversary side I included: -I recorded 25 of my favorite moments together and burned it onto a CD for him to listen to. -I made a 4x6 photobook off of Shutterfly for him to be able to pack lightly. -A Mizzou Shirt -Some popcorn
I knew Joel wouldn't have much space to pack things and I had already given him a GoPro early for his birthday, so I went to the dollar store and individually wrapped a bunch of silly stuff. In the birthday side I put:
*Lots of DumDum suckers *A birthday card with me singing *Chapstick *Fruitstripes gum *Homemade cookies *Silly string *Noise makers *Party hats *Birthday candles *Peanuts
I also had some of his family send me videos of them singing him happy birthday and I e-mailed them to him. It was a nice piece of home. Here's the finished product!
We each celebrated respectively. I had Chinese food and he went for a steak. A group of the boys used the candles on a cake to celebrate "12 months" of birthdays.
We even got to Skype from 7,500 miles away.
A very cheesy Easter package is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment