Monday, May 19, 2014

Graduation!

I met Joel in the Spring before I started graduate school. Had he known the tears, emotional break downs, and "moments" of grumpiness that I would express....I'm not sure if he would've stuck around. :) My graduate school experience was a life lesson on sacrifice, priorities, learning patience and finding the career of my dreams. I honestly didn't know much about speech language pathology as a college freshman, but man, God knew it was for me. I get to work with all ages, use my "black and white" side and my creative side to help change people's lives. From brain injury, Aphasia, swallowing trouble to correcting a kiddos speech, it may not seem like much but it's an incredible experience to watch people progress and get better. So here's to the professors, supervisors and classmates that became like family to get me through. They've taught me everything I need to know to start my career, to accept each other's differences and that you should never be the smartest person in the room, because you'll never learn anything new.
Love these people!
To GI Joel, thanks for letting me cry and take out my frustration on you. Thanks for waking up early 7,000ish miles away to watch my graduation and sticking with me from the beginning to the end. I feel like I'm returning the favor with this deployment thing.
Thanks to Blake and Syd for being great siblings who let me practice tests on them and listen to me gab about "speech" stuff that doesn't make sense.
Mom and Dad. Thanks for encouraging me to be my best. From financial help, to prayer and always being there for me. You made my journey much less stressful by taking care of the hard stuff so I could succeed. Your sacrifice was worth it!
Last to family and friends whom I've snubbed due to thesis writing and studying, thanks for sticking around. Thank you all. Each and everyone of you. Here we go! (again) Reeds Spring Primary...get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment