Saturday, May 31, 2014

Play Ball!

It's feeling like summer here in SW MO. Since graduation, I've been working full time at the pharmacy until I start my new job in August. I'm having an adjustment to all the free time. Those of you who know me, know that I have a tough time sitting still. At the pharm, I've rearranged every drawer and drug section, so they will all thank me later for organizing the life time supply of rubber bands and "refrigerate this med" stickers. I'm filling my time with catching with friends, family and Mad Men. (Disappointing this year on a side note.). In between doing wedding things and watching my little brother's baseball games, I am still working on care packages. GI Joel is a huge STL Cardinals fans so I thought a baseball themed care package would be fun.
I'm not much of sports person, which funny because Joel once told me that one of the qualities that were mandatory in his future wife was being an athlete. (I showed him!)
I do enjoy going to a baseball game or watching Joel play in a league...unless it's cold, then it's not much fun. I once "surprised" (I'm terrible at keeping surprises) Joel with St.Louis tickets and I picked the coldest baseball game I'm every been to. Joel is pretty cheap, and he even broke down and bought a hoodie in the stadium. 40 degrees is just too cold. This care package is much warmer.
I threw in: *Sunflower Seeds *Cracker Jacks *Powerade *Sriracha Sauce *Nutter Butters *Reusable Cup *Letter Writing Materials *Movies *More Magazines
This was a fun one and I think he enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment