Monday, March 30, 2015

Paint and a Little IKEA part 2

Another week has passed and there are new additions to the shouse. The paint is officially completed. Joel and I spent two, three, four days painting each room in our house. I had never painted textured walls before. Can't really say it's something that I would like to do again. Ever. It is complete though. We used a total of 3 colors on the house.
The grey color in our kitchen/pantry/laundry area is Notre Dame by Valspar. I was a little worried when it dried because it looked a little blue, but with the kitchen cabinets dry and everything I'm really happy with it.
The sink in our kitchen is another IKEA purchase. It's giving some plumbing fits, but it appears they are resolved with a little silicone and I am loving it. I hope I won't regret only one having one sink basin, however it seemed to be the best fit for our tiny space. We put a sink off the garage so GI Joel could clean up without tracking into the house. (That's the plan anyways :) This is also an IKEA purchase. $20!
The rest of the interior is Timber Dust by Valspar. I think once we get flooring in and everything put together, The two colors will compliment each other. I like how there is a separate feel between the two colors to help divide the living room and kitchen space.
The upstairs is all Timber Dust. We picked a lot of brushed bronze fixtures and I think they look nice against the paint. This vanity was my desk/TV stand through college. There were newspapers in it advertising the original animated Disney Peter Pan. Kimberling City Plumbing did all of our plumbing and graciously cut a spot in this vanity for a sink. I'm really excited that I get a new use out of it in our new home. I made a curtain to hang below to cover up the pipes when we get the trim and everything back on it. It will make a nice storage space.
The garage was painted Lynhurst Timber which you can't see from this picture but it's a darker tan. This will probably be my last decision I will get to make in the garage, as GI Joel puts it, I get to park there and the rest is his space. I get to decorate the house, so I'm not complaining. Like grief, painting has stages. Stage 1: I'm going to feel so accomplished when this is done. Stage 2: My arm is getting tired but it's only going to take one coat to do this so I'm good. I can paint a straight line. (except for those few many spots on the ceiling). Two-three coats later... Stage 3: God, if you heard that four-letter word in my head, sorry. Stage 4: Phone call to my mom, "Hey what's Roger Fred's number?" (a.k.a. fantastic painter) We really didn't do that bad of a job, however I am putting my DIY crown down when it comes to painting walls. Martha would be so disappointed. Thanks Roger for fixing my flaws. My OCD tendencies thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment